While a massage is recommended for just about everyone, the benefits of a prenatal massage make it hard to pass up. At Bonneville Hot Springs Resort & Spa, we feel like every soon-to-be mother should experience the high quality service offered in our prenatal massage. We constantly hear pregnant women coming in complaining about various problems they are having during their pregnancy.
What’s interesting to us is that while these women understand the benefits of a prenatal massage, there are plenty of others out there who are unaware. That’s why we felt it our duty to inform the women out there suffering from various prenatal conditions with no knowledge of a way to alleviate these issues.
For pregnant women experiencing anxiety, depression, muscle aches and joint pains, look no further. We’ve compiled some information to help each lady to stay informed about why they should take advantage of a prenatal massage.
Here are some benefits of a prenatal massage
- Stabilizes hormonal regulation by reducing norepinephrine and cortisol which are associated with stress and increases dopamine and seratonin which can cause depression when too low
- Reduces sciatic pain
- Relieves tension and tightness throughout the body
- Helps in releasing endorphins, which assists the brain and nervous systems to reduce pain and increase happiness
- Increases blood flow, which allows more oxygen to travel to the fetus and mother, also helping eliminate toxins and boost immunity
- The release of endorphins allows the mother to feel more relaxed and at ease, contributing to a deep and more peaceful sleep
- Prenatal massage helps with keeping good posture and allows better adjustment for alignment caused by increase in baby’s weight. This allows more flexibility while reducing muscle aches and joint pains caused by baby weight
- Helps blood flow return back to the heart while increasing the blood flow to placenta and uterus
- Because of prenatal massages’ calming effect of nervous system, the delivery of the baby is easier on the mother
- Stimulates soft tissues which reduces the collection of fluids that causes swelling in the body
We understand that pregnancy can be a stressful time for a woman, that’s why we strongly urge expecting mothers to treat themselves! The benefits of a prenatal massage are well worth the time you spend with us.